WebForce API (version 1.0)
WebForce enables resellers and licensees to manage accounts using simple RESTful interface (HTTP GET/POST requests). You can open, close, update, suspend an account, log-in and others.
Each API call has a HTTP interface with the following format:
- $domain- the domain of the reseller
- $command- command denoting which API call should be executed
- $version - version number. By default it's 1.0
- $param - API call parameters
The API calls require authorization to use. This authorization is on 3 levels:
- API should be turned on for the installation
- IP of the one who requests the API should be allowed to use it*
- The api_key parameter should match the reseller API Key**. The API key is not available to the general public, but is a private key known to the reseller.
* Some API calls do not have IP restriction
** Some API calls do not require an API key
The API calls return either a raw HTTP content as a response (such as the login API call), or a JSON structure. In case of errors or failures the response is always a JSON structure. The format of the JSON is:
- return_code- either "SUCCESS" or "FAILURE"
- message- a human readable representation of the result from the API call
- data- JSON structure with data related to the API call